STRUCTURAL BURN SESSION – SPRING (SBS)
April 24, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
One event on April 25, 2021 at 8:00 am
One event on October 9, 2021 at 8:00 am
One event on October 10, 2021 at 8:00 am
- In-County: $50
- Out of County: $150.00
To enable the student to safely attack and extinguish an interior fire in a structure as a member of a single line hose team.
This course will provide the student with a review and application of the techniques used in safe fire fighting practices in an actual fire environment. Emphasis is placed on safety for both interior and exterior operations.
- Entry Level-Interior Fire Fighter (ELIF) or Essentials of Fire Fighting (EBM)
NOTE: Copies of pre-requisite certificates must be sent in with registration.
Minimum Age Requirement
18 years as of first day of class.
All provisions of the State Fire Academy Live Burn Policy in effect on the date of the class must be complied with fully. Minimum age for students in this class is eighteen years as of the first day of class. All students must successfully participate as a member of an interior attack team by attacking an interior fire as a condition of receiving a State Fire Academy certificate for this course.
Student Equipment / Supply Needs
- Firefighter’s Handbook (must remain in possession of the student throughout the entire course)
- Supported reference material and skill book (Must remain in possession of student at the end of the program)
- Helmet, gloves, turnout coat, turnout pants, boots, protective hood, and protective eyewear (safety glasses or goggles)
- SCBA (self contained breathing apparatus) AND spare cylinder.