MOD 2 – FIRE GROUND SUPPORT (ELFG-PM)
March 9 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm EST
One event on March 14, 2022 at 6:00 pm
One event on March 16, 2022 at 6:00 pm
One event on March 21, 2022 at 6:00 pm
One event on March 23, 2022 at 6:00 pm
One event on March 28, 2022 at 6:00 pm
One event on March 30, 2022 at 6:00 pm
One event on April 4, 2022 at 6:00 pm
Course Length32 Hrs
Lead Instructor(s)Jeff Shilling
- In-County: $85
- Out of County: $125
Course GoalTo introduce entry level firefighters to the basic knowledge, skills, and abilities as they relate to fireground operations.
Course DescriptionThis course is designed to introduce new firefighters to fireground operation including water supply, fire hose, ropes, SCBA support, tools, communications and alarms. This is the second of four courses in the curriculum.
- Introduction to the Fire Service (ELIS)
- Hazardous Materials Awareness (HMAJB)
- Minimum age: 14 years as of first day of class.
Student Equipment / Supply Needs
- Firefighter’s Handbook (must remain in possession of the student throughout the entire course)
- Supported reference material and skill book (Must remain in possession of student at the end of the program)
- Helmet, gloves, turnout coat, turnout pants, boots, protective hood, and protective eyewear (safety glasses or goggles)
- 15′ ½”(12mm) Static Kernmantle Rope
- SCBA (self contained breathing apparatus) AND spare cylinder.