- This event has passed.
VEHICLE RESCUE OPERATIONS (NVRO)
May 16 @ 6:30 pm - 10:30 pm EDT
|This is a multi-day course (See all days in course)
One event on May 16, 2023 at 6:30 pm
One event on May 20, 2023 at 6:30 pm
COURSE IS FULL.
Course Length20 Hrs
Lead Instructor(s)Scot Landis
- In-County: $65
- Out-of-County: $95
Course GoalThe goal of this course is to provide the student with have an operations level of knowledge and skills necessary to respond to and function at a vehicle accident/rescue incident in accordance with NFPA 1670: Standard on Operations and Training for Technical Search and Rescue Incidents.
Course DescriptionThis course will provide an operations-level of information and skills as it pertains to vehicle rescue incidents. Topics will include: incident management; tools/equipment; vehicle anatomy/design; hazard control, patient access, care, and packaging; disentanglement; extrication and termination. Upon completion of the course, the student will be eligible to complete the PA Joint Rescue Program Basic Vehicle Rescue examination. Additionally, this course will prepare the student to challenge the IFSAC/Pro-Board national certification as a Vehicle Rescue Technician Level 1 in accordance with NFPA 1006
- Minimum age of 16 by first day of class
- Completion of NFPA 1670 Vehicle Rescue Awareness (NVRA) Course
- PA State Fire Academy approved or recognized Hazardous Materials Awareness or higher level of Hazardous Materials training or certification.
Student Equipment / Supply Needs
- Vehicle Extrication – Levels I & II: Principles and Practice (Jones & Bartlett 2012) (must remain in possession of the student throughout the entire course)
- PA OSFC/BEMS Vehicle Extrication Skills Sheet Book (Must remain in possession of student at the end of the program)
- Helmet, gloves, turnout coat, turnout pants, boots, protective hood, and protective eyewear (safety glasses or goggles)