VEHICLE RESCUE AWARENESS (NVRA)
March 28 @ 6:30 pm - 10:30 pm EDT
|This is a multi-day course (See all days in course)
One event on March 28, 2023 at 6:30 pm
One event on April 4, 2023 at 6:30 pm
One event on April 8, 2023 at 6:30 pm
COURSE IS FULL.
Course Length24 Hrs
Lead Instructor(s)Scot Landis
- In-County: $165
- Out-of-County: $195
Course GoalThe goal of this course is to provide the student with an awareness level of knowledge and skills necessary to respond to and function at a vehicle accident/rescue incident in accordance with NFPA 1670: Standard on Operations and Training for Technical Search and Rescue Incidents.
Course DescriptionThis course will provide an awareness-level of information and skills as it pertains to vehicle rescue incidents. Topics will include general vehicle rescue function/operation; incident management of the vehicle accident/rescue incident; vehicle anatomy, design, and construction; recognition and control of hazards relative to a vehicle accident/rescue incident; and the tools and equipment used at a vehicle accident/rescue incident.
- Minimum age of 16 by first day of class
- PA State Fire Academy approved or recognized Hazardous Materials Awareness or higher level of Hazardous Materials training or certification.
Student Equipment / Supply Needs
- Vehicle Extrication – Levels I & II: Principles and Practice (Jones & Bartlett 2012) (must remain in possession of the student throughout the entire course)
- PA OSFC/BEMS Vehicle Extrication Skills Sheet Book (Must remain in possession of student at the end of the program)
- Helmet, gloves, turnout coat, turnout pants, boots, protective hood, and protective eyewear (safety glasses or goggles)