MOD 3 – EXTERIOR FIRE FIGHTER (ELEF)
April 17, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
One event on May 1, 2021 at 8:00 am
One event on May 8, 2021 at 8:00 am
One event on May 15, 2021 at 8:00 am
One event on May 22, 2021 at 8:00 am
One event on June 5, 2021 at 8:00 am
One event on June 12, 2021 at 8:00 am
Jeff Reinert / Carl Seltzer
- In-County: $85
- Out of County: $125
To introduce entry level firefighters to the basic knowledge, skills, and abilities as they relate to exterior fire ground operations.
This course is designed to introduce new firefighters to exterior fire ground operations including ladders, forcible entry, fire behavior, fire extinguishers,SCBA, fire streams, hoseline advancement, and utility control. This is the third of four courses in the curriculum.
- Introduction to the Fire Service (ELIS)
- Hazardous Materials Awareness (HMAJB)
Minimum Age Requirement
14 years as of first day of class.
Student Equipment / Supply Needs
- Firefighter’s Handbook (must remain in possession of the student throughout the entire course)
- Supported reference material and skill book (Must remain in possession of student at the end of the program)
- Helmet, gloves, turnout coat, turnout pants, boots, protective hood, and protective eyewear (safety glasses or goggles)
- 15′ ½”(12mm) Static Kernmantle Rope
- SCBA (self contained breathing apparatus)