MOD 1 – INTRO TO THE FIRE SERVICE (ELIS-AM)
February 19 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST
|This is a multi-day course (See all days in course)
One event on February 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
Course Length16 Hrs
Lead Instructor(s)Carl Seltzer
- In-County: $130
- Out of County: $195
Course GoalTo equip entry level firefighters with basic knowledge, skills, and abilities to begin their fire service career.
Course DescriptionThis entry level course is designed to introduce new firefighters to basic information including an overview of the fire service, fire service organization, firefighter safety, personal protective equipment and terrorism awareness. This is the first of four courses in the curriculum.
- Minimum age: 14 years as of first day of class.
Student Equipment / Supply Needs
- Firefighter’s Handbook (must remain in possession of the student throughout the entire course)
- Supported reference material and skill book (Must remain in possession of student at the end of the program)
- Helmet, gloves, turnout coat, turnout pants, boots, protective hood, and protective eyewear (safety glasses or goggles)
- The course cost includes the required text book and skills book required for the program which will be given to the student on the first day of class.