HAZMAT AWARENESS (HMA)
March 6, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
- In-County: $10
- Out of County: $15
Seven tasks have been identified as part of a process for analyzing the hazardous material problem.
This course focuses on the first four tasks in this process:
- Detecting the presence of hazardous materials.
- Initiating command and control activities
- Surveying the hazardous material incident
- Collecting and interpreting hazard and response information
- The tasks not addressed in this course are discussed in other courses
This course describes how each step is performed and then asks the participants to apply he concepts presented to a particular activity so that the participants can evaluate their mastery of the concept
- Introduction to the Fire Service (ELIS)
Minimum Age Requirement
14 years as of first day of class.
Student Equipment / Supply Needs
- Helmet, gloves, turnout coat, turnout pants, boots, protective hood, and protective eyewear (safety glasses or goggles)
- SCBA (self contained breathing apparatus)