- This event has passed.
HAZMAT AWARENESS (HMA)
March 4 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm EST
COURSE IS FULL.
Course Length4 Hrs
Lead Instructor(s)Brad Silcox
- In-County: $10
- Out of County: $15
Course GoalSeven tasks have been identified as part of a process for analyzing the hazardous material problem.
Course DescriptionThis course focuses on the first four tasks in this process:
- Detecting the presence of hazardous materials.
- Initiating command and control activities
- Surveying the hazardous material incident
- Collecting and interpreting hazard and response information
- The tasks not addressed in this course are discussed in other courses
- Introduction to the Fire Service (ELIS)
Minimum Age Requirement14 years as of first day of class.
Student Equipment / Supply Needs
- Helmet, gloves, turnout coat, turnout pants, boots, protective hood, and protective eyewear (safety glasses or goggles)
- SCBA (self contained breathing apparatus)