- This event has passed.
FIRE FIGHTER SURVIVAL (SURV)
June 10 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm EDT
|This is a multi-day course (See all days in course)
One event on June 11, 2022 at 8:00 am
Course Length16 Hrs
Lead Instructor(s)Carl Seltzer
- In-County: $35
- Out-of-County: $70
Course GoalReduce the risk of fire fighter injuries and deaths in Pennsylvania. The class will enable fire fighters to become more aware and familiar with procedures that may be used to prevent or perhaps lessen the seriousness of injuries or even save their lives.
Course DescriptionA physically demanding, comprehensive program dealing with the necessary knowledge and skills relative to rescue procedures needed for self rescue. Emphasis will be placed on search techniques, communications, accountability/location and self rescue procedures. Students must be in adequate physical condition to perform 100% of all practical exercises.
- ELIF or EBM;
- Recommended RITC, SFR, ICS:
- Student must be physically able to crawl, climb and descend ladders, slide on rope, and SUPPORT OWN BODY WEIGHT WHILE HANGING BY ARMS.
- Pa State Fire Academy facial hair policy applies.
Minimum Age Requirement18 years as of first day of class.
Student Equipment / Supply Needs
- Supported reference material and skill book (Must remain in possession of student at the end of the program)
- Helmet, gloves, turnout coat, turnout pants, boots, protective hood, and protective eyewear (safety glasses or goggles)
- SCBA (self contained breathing apparatus) AND spare cylinder.