About the Berks County Fire Training Center
Formed in the fall of 2011, and operating under the sponsorship of the Berks County Firemen’s Association, the Berks County Fire Training Committee has taken on the task of establishing an annual open registration fire training program at the Berks County Fire Training Center. Made up of representatives from each of the seven fire zones and several at-large instructor representatives, we are committed to providing programs meeting the training needs of the county’s first responders.
The County of Berks and the Berks County Fire Chiefs’ Association have also provided assistance to help us offer very affordable programs to Berks County’s emergency services organizations.
Currently active committee members:
- Zone# 1: Carl Seltzer (INSTR); Steven Noll (INSTR);
- Zone #2: John Endy Jr. (Leesport); Gary Noecker (Shoemakersville)
- Zone #3: Shayne Heist (Robesonia); Mike McKeone (Womelsdorf);
- Zone #4: Jeff Reinert (INSTR); Roger Weidenheimer (Kenhorst); Terry Royce (Greenfields)
- Zone #5/6: Mike Kline (Oley) and Warren Bechtel (Eastern Berks)
- Training Center: Jeff Shilling (Representative)
Additional personnel and instructors are always welcome to attend and participate!
Committee meetings are the third Wednesday of each month (except July and December) at the Fire Training Center beginning at 1900 hours.